Vegan Thai Cashew Stir-Fry
This veggie-loaded recipe has got some added cashews for healthy fats and zinc (which may help boost men’s fertility)! It is so quick and tasty that it makes the perfect, easy weeknight dinner. Add your preferred source of protein to mix it up.
Add your preferred source of protein to mix it up.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cashews, unsalted
- 100g your choice of protein, sliced into 1cm cubes (we chose firm tofu)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced,
- ½ red capsicum
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, stem ends and string removed from each pod
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup brown rice
- Add the sesame oil to a wok (or a large frying pan) over medium heat. Add the cashews and cook until they are golden brown (About 3 minutes). Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Place your protein in the wok and cook until it is cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the wok and sauté until softened. Next, add the chopped capsicum, sugar snap peas, green onion, and red chilli. Leave a small amount of green onion and red chilli aside for garnishing. Sauté until all vegetables are softened.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Add the protein, cashews, and sauce to the wok and mix everything together well.
- Serve on a bed of brown rice and garnish with green onion and red chilli. Enjoy!
For more recipes, visit our Instagram page @the.guthealthdietitian
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our Free Monthly Newsletter to receive the latest news and updates from our team.